Monday, August 9, 2010

Blogger Bookclub

I have thought about joining a book club recently because I really enjoy reading.  I also love to have suggestions of what to read and then having someone to discuss with once I am finished.  But the book club in my area is at the library and it is not held at the most convenient time.  So I have been just reading on my own this summer.   

Anyway, I was so excited to hear that Erin and Rachel have started an online book club!   It can be found here!  It is called Book Beginnings and Book Ends. 

The first book we are reading is "The Secret Life of Cece Wilkes" by Diane Chamberlain

I have to be honest, they announced the book club about a week ago and I was so excited to start I ordered the book on my Kindle right away.   Then I decided that I better start reading and have a head start on things because I am a slow reader.    Well... the book is so good that I can't put it down!   I am more then half way finished.   My Kindle says I am at 53% and the reading assignment for the week is chapter 1-10.  Well I am at chapter 33 so next week I will have to be careful when discussing the first ten chapters.

I am going to try to pace myself so I can join in on each weeks assignment and share my thoughts and ideas.  Although I am flying to Maine this weekend so I predict that I will need to read while I wait for my plane and then read on the plane.

Join in the book club, get the book, it is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment