Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Secret Life of Cece Wilkes: Chapter 1 -10

First I must say that I couldn't put this book down!!   I could have read it all at one sitting but tried to hold back and finish the chapters along with the reading schedule.   While that didn't work and I have already finished the whole book.   But I look forward to participating in the weekly discussions!

I will answer the questions that were presented so I can stay on track of where everyone is reading and not jump ahead.

1.  What was your first impression of Tim?
I was very impressed by Tim's work habits and ethics.  He seemed so focused on working every morning in the diner.  But I did wonder who could do that everyday...spend so much time in a diner.


2. If you were in CeeCee's position, would you be willing to help your boyfriend in the way that she was willing to help Tim?
I by nature like to help people.   I sometimes get wrapped up into helping people and then step back and see "the big picture."  I also can be naive and only see good in people.   So with all that said I hate to say that I could see myself getting sucked in to help someone and getting in to deep like CeeCee.  Although thankfully I have passed 16 and can make better decisions.


3. Why do you think CeeCee is so eager to please Tim?
CeeCee really doesn't have anyone in her life, she needs to feel a connection with someone.  She has no family and has just bounced around in foster homes.  She is very vulnerable in life and Tim grabbed onto that personality and took advantage of her.  



4.  Who do you think has it harder?  Tim or CeeCee?
Defiantly CeeCee.  She seems so lonely and naive.   Tim has his brother and they can take care of each other.  CeeCee did not choose to lose her mother and have to watch her die.  Tim and his brother had more say in their actions (Don't want to say much more to avoid a spoiler)


5.  What character trait(s) about CeeCee stuck out the most to you in these first ten chapters? 
CeeCee has a great deal of drive and motivation.  She did not have a father and stood by her mothers side when she died at a very young ago.  CeeCee bounced around a couple foster homes for a few years.   Yet she still seemed to try to make the best of her life with everything that she was dealt.   She was working and had a focus of trying to go to school while she continued to save money.  


6. Do you think CeeCee is as mature as she seems?
No.  CeeCee has some mature characteristics because of the life that she was dealt.   But deep down inside she is very immature and scared.   She showed this by getting involved with Tim.  Especially she was so easily influnced by Tim.  If she were more mature she probably would not have gotten involved with Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment